Laser communication is very important in the field of wireless communication system. In Laser communication the beam is sent through free space. The transmitter and receiver are required to be in line of sight. Due to its higher efficiency and lower Noise, it has been implemented in satellite communication. There is no need for cables and broadcasting in laser communication.
The Laser beam is used to transmit sound and data signals through it. Laser Diodes are used to generate the carrier beam. Two parallel beams are required in this communication, one for transmission and one for receiving data.
Laser Communication is helpful in many fields
- By using this communication the transmission speed could be up to gigabits per seconds.
- Fast Internet speed can be achieved
- Satellite communication
- Communication throughout the whole city from one single place or in a disaster situation.
The Laser communication system can be easily set up as it is smaller in size, require low power, doesn’t require any knowledge on radio interference and is very economical.
What is LASER?
LASER stands for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation
Lasers Produces unique Images by using Holography technique. Holography is also called lens less photography which includes Transmission Holograms, Rainbow Holograms, Denisyuk Hologram and Reflection Hologram. Lasers include Helium-Neon, Neodymium YAG, carbon DI Oxide, Argon and many others.
Characteristics of Laser Lights
- Coherent: – In phase different laser beam parts are connected together. This relationship in phases is maintained for a time period enough for recording interference effects photographically. Holograms are possible due to this property.
- Monochromatic: – The laser light generated from one atomic transition consisting of only one wavelength.
- Collimated: – Light beam generated is an exceptionally narrow beam with very little divergence.
There are many applications of Laser such as Medical, Heat Treatment, welding and cutting, surveying, laser cooling, bar code, spectroscopy and communication.
Currently NASA is getting ready to experiment its lunar based communication system which will set up communication between satellites and earth with more than six times the speed of radio wave communication.
A simple example of Laser and its use for generating flowers by online-blumenversand.org: